Home Open Account Help 308 users online

European Railroad Discussion > trier Plandampf Steam Nostalgia-Part 3

Date: 05/17/18 05:49
trier Plandampf Steam Nostalgia-Part 3
Author: CNStratford

These pictures were taken fifty years ago. When I was in Trier a few weeks ago, I could recognize none of these locations.

Date: 05/17/18 08:47
Re: trier Plandampf Steam Nostalgia-Part 3
Author: tq-07fan

Welded rail on concrete ties (sleepers) and track in excellent condition. It looks like all the signal and communication lines are already buried in these pictures but the locomotives are steam engines. What a contrast to North America in the same era.

Jim

Date: 05/18/18 14:40
Re: trier Plandampf Steam Nostalgia-Part 3
Author: TCnR

Interesting photos. I spent a month in Trier on Business, a couple of years ago. Tried to find the older rail history but did not understand much of it, there is a part of town on the north side of the river with an older area, large buildings and what appeared to be RR support buildings. What activity I did see was on the newer passenger line through the larger part of town, away from the river.

The photo of the Moselle River valley in another post caught my eye right away, something about the angle of the slope and the severe meander of the river. A short distance out of Trier there are many vineyards on the hillsides. Agree with the comments about the tour boats on the river, seemed like the way to go for a broad tour of the countryside.
t4p.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/18 14:45 by TCnR.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds