Home Open Account Help 303 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Since it's 'DB 1966' week.....

Date: 02/05/19 06:45
Since it's 'DB 1966' week.....
Author: Steinzeit2

......here's three:

1)  V200 006 at Hannover Hbf.  The first of the 20 MaK V200's -- all the rest, including the first five prototypes and the other thirty production machines ordered at the same time, came from KM.  Hydraulic transmission, pushpull -- but steam heat.  Not just a locomotive, an icon -- thanks to the thousands of HO models by Märklin, Fleischmann, et al.

2)  I didn't take many photos of E10's in the later "crease"* body style, which I didn't care for, but I made an exception for this one:  One of the two geared for 200 kph operation.
       * so named because of the slight angle at the c/l of the ends -- like the crease on the legs of men's trousers

3)  I really liked a photo that appeared in Maedel's "Giants of the Rails" book of an E10 express passing this block station along the Rhine, and wanted to replicate it;  unfortunately a lot of the sb expresses had the crease E10's, but this one didn't.  I later discovered the photo in the book was a vertically cropped version of one by Rheinhold Palm, a professional photographer who did a lot of work for DB in the fifties and sixties;  a good selection of his work was selected for the [ almost all color ] book "Die Frühe Bundesbahn".

With best regards,
SZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/19 07:42 by Steinzeit2.

Date: 02/05/19 17:40
Re: Since it's 'DB 1966' week.....
Author: gbmott

Very nice, I had not realized that there was a difference with E10's.  Tomorrow I'll post a few more of mine from '65-'66.  How long can we keep this up?

Gordon

Date: 02/05/19 18:11
Author: Steinzeit2

gbmott Wrote:
 How long can we keep
> this up?

I don't know, but it would be fun to find out.........

Best, SZ

Date: 02/06/19 08:40
Author: TAW

gbmott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>   How long can we keep
> this up?

Standing by for however long you can.

TAW

Date: 02/10/19 12:20
Author: ATSF3751

I always thought those V200's looked like a VW microbus on rails. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/19 12:21 by ATSF3751.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0487 seconds