Home Open Account Help 286 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Plymouth/Exeter

Date: 07/03/19 07:13
Plymouth/Exeter
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Trip last month to the UK was supposed to include time for a day of trainspotting, but the
weather didn't cooperate on the appointed day.  Got a few shots between rain showers,
but nothing to celebrate.  That and I don't know much about the history behind these lines.

PLYMOUTH

Shot from River Tamar of GW train
Eastbound train having come across the Royal Albert Bridge (not same bridge as previous photo)
South Western office bldg at Plymouth Harbor

Date: 07/03/19 07:19
Re: Plymouth/Exeter

EXETER

Platforms full at St Davids Station in Exeter
Arrival of London GW train to Exeter
Long distance trains at Exeter

Date: 07/03/19 07:24

PILGRAMIGE to Home Park in Plymouth

When travel plans were made it looked like the Plymouth Argyle FC were to remain in Div 1,
however, the team fell apart at the end of the season, and the Black Cats laid an egg on their
last match which secured relegation for the Pilgrims into Div 2.  Nonetheless, i had to make a
Pilgramige to Home Park to purchase new gear to support the lads in green next season.

This club will rip your guts out, yet the loyal following will continue .....

Date: 07/03/19 14:01
Author: cricketer8for9

Someone will no doubt correct me, but is it possible that the railway offices are for the old London and South Western Railway, which was very much the minor party in Plymouth when compared to the Great Western Railway?

Date: 07/05/19 15:10
Author: isambard

Pix of Southwestern Rail offices is a real catch. Thanks for posting it!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0607 seconds