Home Open Account Help 291 users online

European Railroad Discussion > York

Date: 09/01/19 00:45
York
Author: 3rdboxcar

Actually took the camera yesterday when I took our dog out for her morning walk.

57003 with the Network Rail training facility in the background, the railcam is on top of this building.

142090 still working away for another few months before retirement.

Alexander

Date: 09/01/19 07:33
Re: York
Author: RNinRVR

Thanks for these shots. It gives me a better prespective of the area that the cam is seeing asĀ  well as the lettering on the side of the parked diesel.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 09/01/19 11:51

Hi Sharon

Slightly better picture of 57003, the grey building behind the loco with serious fencing is the signalling centre for a large part of the East Coast route and surrounding area. The Loco is parked on what used to be the parcel sidings many years ago.

Alexander

Date: 09/01/19 12:05

I have circled the camera location.

When looking at the railcam the road bridge in the centre background went over the tracks that went through the city walls into the original station which was stub ended, When the present station was built the original station reverted to a goods sidings till they were eventually removed.

The city council is planning to knock down the bridge / redevelop the area so there is no up and over road

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/19 12:12 by 3rdboxcar.

Date: 09/02/19 08:00

Alexander, Thank you so very much for these great photos which explain what I am looking at on the cam. I bet the people of York will be so happy once that useles overpass is gone but rues the time necessary to do this work since traffic patterns will be messed up for a while.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 09/02/19 10:27

Hi Sharon

This is the proposed development. Image is from where the top of the overpass would have been., there are other improvements around the entrance as well.

Alexander

Date: 09/02/19 13:20

Looks nice.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0633 seconds