Home Open Account Help 243 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Little Trip out near Ludlow this Afternoon

Date: 04/29/20 11:34
Little Trip out near Ludlow this Afternoon
Author: exhaustED

Combining a need for a bit of afternoon exercise with a desire to see a slightly unusual working, I managed to get the below photo this afternoon, on the Marches route in the rural west of England.

This is a Colas Railfreight class 56, travelling light through South Shropshire on its way from Shrewsbury to Worcester and back, presumably for crew familiarisation/training. I've wanted a way to get a decent shot of the main semaphore in this photo for a long time, and this is pretty much the only way it can be had - a southbound train (ideally a light engine) in the late afternoon... preferably with the sun shining... 

Date: 04/29/20 12:50
Re: Little Trip out near Ludlow this Afternoon
Author: 86235

Looks like the Bromfield outer home.

Date: 04/29/20 12:57

That's the one. Very, very slightly reminiscent of a Southern Pacific/Santa Fe cantilever... if there's something wrong with you! 

Date: 04/29/20 19:10
Author: krm152

Very nice Class 56 photo.
Thanks for the posting.
ALLEN

Date: 04/29/20 23:12

Thanks Allen.

Date: 04/30/20 03:26
Author: 55002

Good to get this. Is great, when everything comes together for once.  Chris uk

Date: 04/30/20 06:26
Author: tq-07fan

Looking at the Google Streetview this wasn't an easy shot to get, but you got it to come out perfect. I especially like including the sheep in the picture, it characterizes the area. 

Jim

Date: 04/30/20 07:42

tq-07fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking at the Google Streetview this wasn't an
> easy shot to get, but you got it to come out
> perfect. I especially like including the sheep in
> the picture, it characterizes the area. 
>
> Jim

Good detective work there Jim - yes, I had to do a little 'exploring' to get there. Not a big distance, but a couple of little obstacles had to be negotiated. I got some quizzical looks from many of those sheep... I was really pleased it all came together so I could get the shot.
We've had a glorious April in terms of weather and yesterday it broke... but the sun came back out in the afternoon and the chase was on! Strange how things work out - if I hadn't been furloughed for April there's a good chance I would have missed it... back to work tomorrow though, at least from home!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds