Home Open Account Help 379 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Semaphores and Sheep

Date: 05/02/20 06:04
Semaphores and Sheep
Author: exhaustED

The good weather continues here in the UK... encouraging me to venture out whenever possible, in this case for a couple of southbound ballast trains destined for South Wales/the Severn tunnel as engineering work is going on over the weekend.

The first is early tthis morning, passing leafy/sheepy Bromfield, just to the north of Ludlow in Shropshire; a Freightliner/EMD class 66 providing the power on a rake of relatively new wagons.

The second is a little further north around noon, at Wistanstow near Craven Arms.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/20 09:39 by exhaustED.

Date: 05/02/20 09:31
Re: Semaphores and Sheep
Author: krm152

Nice Class 66 action photo.
Thanks for the posting.
ALLEN

Date: 05/03/20 13:53
Author: 86235

Nice shots. I got that second train at Pandy.

Date: 05/03/20 14:08
Author: exhaustED

86235 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shots. I got that second train at Pandy.

Thanks Nick, both were good-looking trains. Those red DB wagons are nice and bright (for the time being) and the second one (that you saw at Pandy) was a pretty healthy length. Those Freightliner 66/5s in original green are starting to look a little dog-eared...

Date: 05/03/20 15:23
Author: 86235

exhaustED Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those red DB wagons are nice and bright (for the time
> being) and the second one (that you saw at Pandy)
> was a pretty healthy length. Those Freightliner
> 66/5s in original green are starting to look a
> little dog-eared...

Sadly I think this was the last weekend of work in the Severn Tunnel so we won't get the same variety next weekend. Add the 6V75 empty steel and it was a bumper day on the Marches Line yesterday.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds