Author: andersonb109

No clue this time. 

Date: 05/05/20 03:24
Re: European Railway Station Where is it No. 30
Author: pennengineer

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No clue this time.

Norrköping, Sweden. I recognized the "splattered egg" livery of the Östgötapendeln commuter train in the background, which has been operated by DB (later absorbed into the DB Arriva subsidiary) since 2010, and the presence of the tram tracks in the foreground narrowed it down to Norrköping (there are only three cities in Sweden with tram systems, the other two being the instantly-recognizable Stockholm and Gothenburg, although Lund plans to open the 4th system in Sweden later this year).

Date: 05/05/20 05:35
Author: andersonb109

A very interesting town. Lots of preserved industrial buildings. The trams were cool as well. It was an overnight stop during Dietmar's steam charters in 2018. The station was about a 20 minute walk from our hotel so an early morning walk while the others slept netted the photo. I think I  have one more from Sweden to post. 

Date: 05/07/20 23:16
Author: gobbl3gook

I detrained here in 2016, to continue the route to Stockholm by bus, as bicycles were not allowed on trains north of here.  

I noted the trams, but didn't know that it was one of three cities in Sweden with trams.  

It was a pretty evening, but I was too busy stuffing my bike in a makeshift box to get a photo.  

Thanks for sharing!  

Ted in UT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0248 seconds