Home Open Account Help 248 users online

European Railroad Discussion > European Railway Station Where is it No. 50...End of the Line

Date: 05/28/20 03:12
European Railway Station Where is it No. 50...End of the Line
Author: andersonb109

This station is indeed at the end of a line. Any further and you are in the sea. An excellent overnight sleeper train also departs from there. This concludes the European Railway Station series. I have many more but they were back in the film days and have not been scanned. Tomorrow I'll start posting some stations outside Europe and North America on the International Board. I don't have all that many and only from a handful  from countries taken after I went digital in 2007. Hope to see some of you follow and respond there. For those who have written saying they have enjoyed the series and provided their own contributions...thanks. 

Date: 05/28/20 03:19
Re: European Railway Station Where is it No. 50...End of the Line
Author: pennengineer

Penzance!

To paraphrase Gilbert and Sullivan: "I am the very model of a modern railway terminal!"

Date: 05/28/20 05:42
Author: 55002

Penzance indeed. A delightful place to end the journey. Here's a couple from 1982, with a variety of traction. In the evening shot, a pair of class 50s (for your 50 entry!) are ready with the sleeper to Paddington.Enjoyed this series Bruce, thanks for the efforts. chris uk.

Date: 05/28/20 08:15
Author: andersonb109

Such a cool  town. I arrived in late morning from Paighton we had done a steam charter. Got a day room at a very old hotel/pub near the station. Spent the day walking around town. Then took the Night Rivera to London for flight home. A much better service than the Caledonian Sleeper with cars that seemed to be more recently upgraded. Arriving at Paddington, it was a quick transfer to the Heathrow Express and the flight home. Hope such situations can continue again soon. 

Date: 05/28/20 08:44
Author: F7sForever

Well this has been fun, mostly because I don't know jack about most of the places covered in the series! There's a lot of world left to see. And I have a few more ideas to add to the list. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Jody

Date: 05/28/20 09:46
Author: krm152

Thanks for the super great European station series.
Enjoyed each and every day of the series.
ALLEN

Date: 05/28/20 15:29
Author: 4745

Thoroughly enjoyed the series. Only managed to pick two or three out of the whole lot.
Well done for the photographs and the work involved in putting them on Trainorders.
Look forward to any more you care to show us.
Graham.

Date: 06/23/20 14:21
Author: tmurray

Agreed!  This is a fantasitc series.  Thank you.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds