Home Open Account Help 334 users online

European Railroad Discussion > European Railway Station Where is it No. 49

Date: 05/27/20 03:17
European Railway Station Where is it No. 49
Author: andersonb109

There is a preserved steam forestry railway based in this city.

Date: 05/27/20 06:26
Re: European Railway Station Where is it No. 49
Author: pennengineer

That would be Weißwasser (Oberlausitz), Germany, home of the delightful 600 mm (roughly 2') gauge Waldeisenbahn Muskau: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldeisenbahn_Muskau

Date: 05/27/20 08:15
Author: mile250

I'd guess from the sculpture that the city is known for glassblowing. Cool.

Date: 05/27/20 11:51
Author: andersonb109

Correct. I didn't know about the glass blowing...not even paying attention to the statue. We had a very disappointing charter on the railway in 2007. It was suppose to be a steam tour of Poland with this one German addition. We had steam. But not prototypical logging wagons even though there were many on sight. Reason:  One of the tour members couldn't negotiate the cars.There was a nice cafe on sight. Of course he could have had waited there.  Even with the tourist passenger stock, said passenger still managed to fall into a ditch and need to be helped out by several other tour members. Then threatened to sue the tour company and tour leader for some sort of neglect in a really nasty tirade to one of the tour leaders (Dale are you reading?). A really nice operation and line with the right equipment.  It was the last TUT tour I ever went on before they went bankrupt...keeping lots of client's monies in the process. 

Tomorrow will be the last and number 50 in the series. Then I'll transition to International stations...i.e.outside Europe and the U.K.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds