Home Open Account Help 306 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Summer Sunday Cement

Date: 06/28/20 12:07
Summer Sunday Cement
Author: exhaustED

I saw the chance of a little bit of sunshine, so I popped out to a local spot this afternoon for a train that has become a regular runner on a Sunday afternoon. This is a GBRf-operated (GB Railfreight) loaded cement train that runs from a cement plant in North Wales down to Avonmouth near Bristol via the Marches route.

GBRf often dedicates a single loco to a particular traffic flow for weeks on end, and recently moved onto this working is EMD class 66 no. 66709, which has a cast nameplate and is called 'Sorrento'. The nameplate is halfway along the bodyside and the loco also carries a promotional colour scheme for one of GBRf's customers 'MSC' (Mediterranean Shipping Company).

The location is just suth of Ludlow near a village called Ashford Bowdler... at this time in the afternoon the sun has moved off the nose but catches the side of the train to show off the promotional livery quite well.

Date: 06/28/20 14:43
Re: Summer Sunday Cement
Author: 86235

Lucky you, plain dull by the time it reached SE Wales. The earlier empty Freightliner was better lit.

Date: 06/28/20 14:52

We were spoiled by the wall-to-wall sunshine in April and May... hopefully it'll return.

Date: 06/28/20 22:07
Author: krm152

Thanks to you both for the Class 66 photo postings.
ALLEN

Date: 06/29/20 04:20
Author: 55002

Thanks to you both for the cement photos. Here in Wakefield, the cement to Dewsbury has just restarted. I'm assuming the cement plant in Edale has now restarted production.
This is a Freightliner job, and last August here's 66587 in the 'ONE' livery at Horbury.  Chris UK.

Date: 06/29/20 06:29
Author: 86235

Pink most definitely does NOT suit a 66.

Date: 06/29/20 06:55

86235 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pink most definitely does NOT suit a 66.

Lol, I agree that the orange looks a lot better, but there's something about the pink.... maybe it's the novelty!
That's a nice shot.

Date: 06/30/20 15:25
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Sweet shots, guys!  Missing my UK layovers.

Mike Derrick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds