Home Open Account Help 346 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Question: Serbian wagons (cars) with central truss feature

Date: 08/15/20 09:41
Question: Serbian wagons (cars) with central truss feature
Author: mile250

I saw this long string of flat cars, following hoppers, in a YouTube video by Dulevoz. The line is in southeast Serbia. Are they used to carry rails, or is the raised, central feature part of a conveyor?

Date: 08/16/20 05:55
Re: Question: Serbian wagons (cars) with central truss feature
Author: DaveL

Looks -almost- as if that is the load.

Date: 08/20/20 21:48
Author: Bunny218

That's a hard one to figure out due to the picture quality, but I'm pretty sure those are just flatcars with some kind of load on them. I model European railroads and have literally looked at thousands of freight car photo's and video's, and I've never seen anything where that would be part of the car - so I think I'm safe assuming those are loads of some sort.

Date: 08/21/20 07:44
Author: Lackawanna484

The loads look like trusses for a bridge

Date: 08/28/20 18:31
Author: rfdatalink

I just happened to watch a video, maybe same one, and saw these.    There were about 25 identical cars in a row.   I'm not sure what they were but I agree that the truss like fixtures looked like they were at least semi-permenantly attached to the flat cars.    The flat cars looked beefy enough not to need the trusses for extra strength.   

Stephen

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds