Home Open Account Help 314 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Some UK droning

Date: 09/19/20 06:46
Some UK droning
Author: 55002

Some recent good weather allowed time to get out with the drone.   1) at Attercliffe, north side of Sheffield, with an East Midland's Meridian set passing along the river Don.    2)  Also in Attercliffe, a south bound EMR High Speed Train on a Sunday Leeds to London St Pancras service.   3)   at Walton / Crofton on the south side of Wakefield. LNER class 91 electric, 91119 with a London Kings Cross to Leeds service. These class 91 / mark 4 sets are now, in theory, only working to Leeds and York.    Chris UK

Date: 09/19/20 06:52
Re: Some UK droning

4)     just north of Newark on the East Coast Main Line. An LNER Azuma speeds north past the fishing lakes.     5)     just north of Newark, a Sunderland to London Kings Cross service passes St Wilfrid's church at South Muskham, worked by a Grand Central class 180 diesel unit.    6)    Dutton viaduct, south of Warrington, on the West Coast Main Line, and crosses the river Weaver. A Genesee & Wyoming (formerly Freightliner) class 66 heads south to Felixstowe.    chris uk

Date: 09/19/20 07:44
Author: mile250

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
Glen, in San Luis Obispo, California

Date: 09/19/20 09:15
Author: King_Coal

Love the civil engineering displayed in your photos. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 09/19/20 09:45
Author: RNinRVR

In the last picture of that wonderful viaduct, is that a canal coming into the river from the left, just above it. I have been watching a lot of narrow boater Vlogs recently on YouTube.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 09/19/20 15:54
Author: briancdn

Thanks for posting these stunning photos! There is so much to look at in these expansive images.
Brian N.

Date: 09/19/20 19:33
Author: MMD

Thanks very much for these postings, a neat set of photos.

Malcolm
New Zealand

Date: 09/19/20 21:19
Author: gaspeamtrak

Excellent as usual ! :)  I love the drone views . It gives you a whole different perspective ...
Thank you for sharing this with us ...:):):)

Date: 09/20/20 03:55

RNinRVR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the last picture of that wonderful viaduct, is
> that a canal coming into the river from the left,
> just above it. I have been watching a lot of
> narrow boater Vlogs recently on YouTube.

Many thanks Sharon. The river Weaver is the actual navigation, going off to the right in photo 6. The channel of water going to the left bypasses the locks on the Weaver, just out of picture. This channel has a large adjustable sluice before rejoining the Weaver and will be used for controlling the level in the river. chris uk

Date: 09/20/20 04:26
Author: pennengineer

Excellent photos!

Knowing precious little about the topic myself: what sorts of rules are there in the UK with regard to drone usage in urban areas?

Date: 09/20/20 05:21

pennengineer Wrote:
> Excellent photos!
>
> Knowing precious little about the topic myself:
> what sorts of rules are there in the UK with
> regard to drone usage in urban areas?

Hi - we have the UK drone code which is on line. Basically it is keep minimum 50m from people, and 150m from large buildings. Avoid gatherings, playgrounds, schools etc. I tend to do urban photography on Sundays, when the area is quiet and factories etc shut. I use a UK drone mapping software which highlights no-go areas. Also, the built in software in the DJI will warn me of hazardous areas. regards, chris uk

Date: 09/20/20 10:27
Author: 86235

Very nice set Chris

Date: 09/20/20 10:36
Author: ns1000

GREAT pics!!

Date: 09/20/20 12:35
Author: Peak45068

Nice pix KOYLI.

I’m in bright sunshine just about to leave Birmingham AL behind 25+42 after a visit to the excellent Birmingham and District Brewery.

In a few weeks when the LDT’s go tri weekly my Sunday day out from the ATL will be like most of the Deltics, history.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/21/20 16:17
Author: Switchpoint

Just brilliant images. Just how old are the arch bridges ,they are beautiful pieces of engneering .

Date: 09/22/20 10:44

Switchpoint Wrote:
> Just brilliant images. Just how old are the arch
> bridges ,they are beautiful pieces of engneering .

These will all date back to the late 1800s.  chris.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0514 seconds