Home Open Account Help 325 users online

European Railroad Discussion > 46447 on the East Somerset Railway

Date: 11/21/20 04:29
46447 on the East Somerset Railway
Author: Rattie

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]When train fans are taking pictures or filming videos of trains we generally like to get up close and personal to capture those dramatic images that we love looking at. However, in this case, it was good in the fading light and lengthening shadows of an English autumnal afternoon to stand back and watch this train slowly working its way through the countryside from a distance.[/color]

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/21/20 14:36
Re: 46447 on the East Somerset Railway
Author: gbmott

I couldn't agree more with what you say about distance.  In this instance I think it matters not what country you are in, or what railway it is.  Any of us old enough to really remember steam can see here, in our mind's eye, any train from our youth that we want to see.  Nice work.

Gordon

Date: 11/22/20 00:44
Author: 55002

A really good, well edited video. How nice to hear the train working through the country side for a few minutes. Beats the usual runpasts where it’s all over in a few seconds. Chris uk.

Date: 11/22/20 08:16

It was a joy to watch and film and well worth the trek through several very soggy fields.

Date: 11/22/20 17:43
Author: King_Coal

You seemed to get a good fix on the locomotive sound from the distance you were at. As others commented, the ability to hear and watch the train for an extended period is welcome. Well done.

Date: 11/23/20 10:39
Author: Latebeans

Very well done.  This is one of the best steam videos I've seen in a while.  The sound quality is great.

Date: 11/23/20 23:11

Thank you.  I work hard to get the sound right.  Some people forget that it is half the picture so to speak and many train fans who prioritise the images.
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very well done.  This is one of the best steam
> videos I've seen in a while.  The sound quality
> is great.

Date: 11/11/23 12:03
Author: wp1801

A classic!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds