Home Open Account Help 334 users online

European Railroad Discussion > From the Before Time: Germany 1998 Traction Edition

Date: 04/08/21 13:50
From the Before Time: Germany 1998 Traction Edition
Author: NMlurker

Germany seems to be underrepresented lately so after remembering that I actually have images from Germany, I will be making several posts over the next week or so. Having recently scanned my old slides from England, I then wondered, where are the pictures from Germany? Oh, that trip occurred while I had no working film SLR camera and well before I entered the digital era. So there are only prints. But where are the negatives? I can scan those. Several hours later, there are digital images.

Background:  In September 1998, I had a two-week, bus-based, grand tour of Germany. Despite the structured nature of such a tour, I made the best of my limited free time to work in some rail action. Part I covers traction, some vintage, some modern, just a tiny sampling of the amount of traction operations in Germany.

1. In the central square of Bremen, a well-patronized two-car set rolls through consisting of a powered car with a trailer, both apparently articulated.

2. Same location, same configuration, opposite direction. Krönung is a famous coffee brand from the Bremen area.

3. Now in Dresden, a three-unit set (two powered and a trailer) navigates the cobblestone streets.

Date: 04/08/21 13:52
Re: From the Before Time: Germany 1998 Traction Edition
Author: NMlurker

4. Hannover had considerably more modern cars.

5. Still in Hannover. Not sure why this one is such a grab shot. The ADAC is the German equivalent of the AAA in the US. The ad says “certainly there for you.”

6. A streetcar set navigates the cobblestone streets of photogenic Freiburg.

Date: 04/08/21 18:59
Re: From the Before Time: Germany 1998 Traction Edition
Author: krm152

Your traction photos are definitely nicely compozsed and interesting
Look forward to seeing more from your Germany tour.
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0426 seconds