Home Open Account Help 317 users online

European Railroad Discussion > From the Before Time: Germany 1998 Hamburg Extravaganza Part II

Date: 04/13/21 07:51
From the Before Time: Germany 1998 Hamburg Extravaganza Part II
Author: NMlurker

Continuing with Part II of my free afternoon in Hamburg which completes my German trip. Auf weidersehen. All images are from September 1998.

1. The first appearance of one of DB’s high-speed trains, the Intercity Express (ICE). I believe this is a Class 401. Note that there is some special name and graphics (flowers?) at the rear of the locomotive.

2. Another Class 110 electric departs with a train.

3. A Class 364 switcher/shunter in a faded red DB scheme.

Date: 04/13/21 07:53
Re: From the Before Time: Germany 1998 Hamburg Extravaganza Part

4. A light engine move of a Class 112 electric in DB red. The yellow lettering translates to “your own story.” Perhaps that giant building is a museum?

5. The same ICE train from before now departs in the opposite direction.

6. A Class 103 in DB red arrives with a passenger train.

Date: 04/13/21 07:55

7. A Class 110 electric in tan and blue. Note the unusual double-decker car at the rear. I also saw these on trains along the Rhine.

8. A nice close-up view of a Class 111 electric, apparently in push mode. For some reason I did not photograph the train in the right background.

9. An older style S-Bahn suburban train rolls past. I think those are ads for Jägermeister. Lurking in the right background is the final surprise of the day.

Date: 04/13/21 07:56

I did not save the best for last, the 'best' was last. Best in terms of unusual and notable from my perspective.

10. One of these things is not like the other. Looking decidedly Russian is this ex-East German Railway Class 234 in the dark red of the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR). Note the time of 3:45 PM and yet a different style of S-Bahn train in the background.

Date: 04/13/21 18:24
Author: mundo

Still historc regardless.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds