Home Open Account Help 326 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Business Insider: $32 overnight train from Romania to Moldova

Date: 04/30/22 22:58
Business Insider: $32 overnight train from Romania to Moldova
Author: cph

I got on the train in Bucharest, Romania, just after 7 p.m. and got off in another country at 8:30 the next morning.An "experience." This is what everyone I've told of this ordeal concludes is the reason why I would voluntarily elect to spend nearly 14 hours on a train that looks and feels like something that carried dissidents off to Siberia in the time of Josef Stalin to get from the Romanian capital to Chișinău, the capital of Moldova. [...]
Review of the $32 Overnight Train From Romania to Moldova (businessinsider.com)

Date: 05/01/22 03:56
Re: Business Insider: $32 overnight train from Romania to Moldova
Author: Train29

A solution would have been to buy all four beds turning it into a private room. I've never had an issue in Ukraine Turing a two bed room into private use when traveling alone. But of course each country has it's own rules. 

Date: 05/04/22 00:32
Author: krm152

You get what you pay for.
ALLEN

Date: 05/04/22 07:21
Author: GettingShort

The train has one 1st class 2 birth sleeper. Since 2013 and before the coof I took this train a couple times a year and every time I bought the 1st class sleeper I had a room to myself. 

Here's a recent music video by the Moldovan band Zdob si Zdub of that train.

https://youtu.be/bGNT5Uh-WKw 

Date: 05/04/22 17:39
Author: jsomerville

good fun!

James Somerville
Anchorage, AK

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds