Home Open Account Help 288 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Station stop in central Sweden

Date: 09/27/22 08:10
Station stop in central Sweden
Author: DavidP

Here's a short video of a midday passenger train stopping at Leksand station in west-central Sweden on Monday.  The train is operating from Stockholm to Mora, on the north shore of Lake Siljan.  This is a largely wooded area that is popular with Swedes for summer recreation.  The run is roughly three and a half hours.  The station area is simple, but quite clean with a waiting room, reservation office and parking.  There seem to be plenty of connecting buses to other towns in the area, quite a few passengers using the train.  I think the locomotive is an ASEA-built RC5, a relative of Amtrak's now retired AEM7s.

Dave

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/27/22 12:08
Re: Station stop in central Sweden
Author: King_Coal

Thanks for sharing this video. I guess the different paint on the car in the middle indicates its a food service equipment? The flashback to the AEM7 is fun. How old are these locomotives?

Date: 09/27/22 15:21
Author: krm152

Excellent Video.  Swedish equipment looks to be heavily built and in top notch condition.
ALLEN 

Date: 09/27/22 15:43
Author: kurtarmbruster

BLACK locomotive and cars--different, but I like it.

Date: 09/28/22 11:48
Author: SOO6617

DavidP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I think the locomotive is an ASEA-built RC5, a
> relative of Amtrak's now retired AEM7s.
>
> Dave

The locomotive is a Rc6. All 60 Rc5 locomotives were upgraded electrically to Rc6 standards, and then 40 additional locomotives were built from new as Rc6 type. External differences are minor, but since all Rc5s were upgraded, none remain in that configuration. All earlier variants of the Rc series of locomotives have been passed to Green Cargo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/22 11:49 by SOO6617.

Date: 09/29/22 12:18
Author: Hartington

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing this video. I guess the
> different paint on the car in the middle indicates
> its a food service equipment? The flashback to the
> AEM7 is fun. How old are these locomotives?

My first thought was disabled/wheelchair because of the double doors towards the rear of the car which could have hidden a lift. But then I saw "SJ Express" on those doors but I can't find anything online to tell me what that is.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0596 seconds