Home Open Account Help 322 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Hungary Part 4 — Train from Cegled to Nyiregyhaza

Date: 11/24/22 20:47
Hungary Part 4 — Train from Cegled to Nyiregyhaza
Author: gobbl3gook

I changed trains in Cegled for my journey from Budapest to the Ukrainian border.  

The next train was less crowded, I probably had a seat in a coach, and there was a nice spot to hang my bicycle.  

Some videos, Ho hum train travel in Hungary.

1)  

October 2019

Ted in OR 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/24/22 20:48
Re: Hungary Part 4 — Train from Cegled to Nyiregyhaza

2) Short video, train leaving station.  

Date: 11/24/22 20:53

3) I'm guessing that I should have transferred from my train over to the train on Platform 2 to continue my journey east in a timely manner. If I hadn't been taking a video I would have probably figured this out.  Fortunately the regional trains run every hour or so, so it wasn't a big deal to have missed this one.  

As you can see, when surfing regional trains you might only have a minute or two to transfer to the next train at the terminus.  

I was using the Thomas Cook Timetable at this point, so I should have been able to figure this transfer out.  However, it's also nice to just enjoy the ride.  

Questions, comments, observations?  

Date: 11/24/22 22:55
Author: boejoe

Always enjoy reading your posts and looking at the shots: rail plus local points of interest (even if some pics end up in a horizontal fashion)
jb

Date: 11/27/22 13:10
Author: NMlurker

I like that little railbus at the end!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds