Home Open Account Help 360 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Train Data Question

Date: 01/06/23 18:26
Train Data Question
Author: CCMF

Researching for a possible trip later this year to the UK it is becoming very apparent that the information available to "trainspotters" in the UK is light years ahead of what we have here in North America.

I've found many resources for train data, but my question is this ..... is there a site somewhere where I can view what passed a certain location during a specific timeframe complete with engine numbers and train symbols/headcodes to match to my photos  after the visit ?

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/23 18:27 by CCMF.

Date: 01/06/23 23:08
Re: Train Data Question
Author: railsmith

CCMF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Researching for a possible trip later this year to
> the UK it is becoming very apparent that the
> information available to "trainspotters" in the UK
> is light years ahead of what we have here in North
> America.
>
> I've found many resources for train data, but my
> question is this ..... is there a site somewhere
> where I can view what passed a certain location
> during a specific timeframe complete with engine
> numbers and train symbols/headcodes to match to my
> photos  after the visit ?

You can do that with Realtime trains. I selected the following train from a list based on my query about trains at Guildford, Surrey, around 14:00 on January 2.

The link here shows the data for the 13:00 Redhill-Reading train that stopped at Guildford at 13:35.5 for nine minutes, comparing the public timetable, the working timetable (equivalent of Employee Time Table in North America) and the actual running times. The three-car diesel multiple unit was 165112, train number 2V63, headcode 5322, operated by Great Western Railway.  https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G38442/2023-01-02/detailed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/23 23:10 by railsmith.

Date: 01/07/23 01:26
Author: 86235

railsmith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You can do that with Realtime trains.

But only for seven days after the train has run and its hit and miss whether you will get unit / loco numbers. Some Train Operating Companies disclose the data, others do not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/23 01:33 by 86235.

Date: 01/09/23 15:16
Author: CCMF

Excellent thanks guys !

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0653 seconds