Home Open Account Help 319 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Two special livery Class 66 at Peterborough UK

Date: 05/14/23 07:54
Two special livery Class 66 at Peterborough UK
Author: erielackawanna

I first learned that train window railfanning basically never works around 1977 when I shot an entire 36 exposure roll out the window of a train from Metropark (Iselin NJ) to Wilmington DE, thinking I was capturing GG1s, E44s, MP54s, a GE 44t, only to discover I captured lots of blur and obstruction. That being said, these two shots of specially painted Class 66 motors in Peterborough UK on 4/10/23 kind of came out okay. Photos taken from a Birmingham bound train.

Date: 05/14/23 11:09
Re: Two special livery Class 66 at Peterborough UK
Author: NMlurker

More than okay! The Class 66's might be common but the paint schemes are seemingly endless.

Date: 05/14/23 12:23
Author: exhaustED

Nice shots. The class 66s are very common and can be a little dull because of it, however they are hugely successful due to their performance and reliability, not surprising as they're basically 3/4 of a SD70M. Fortunately GBRf are pretty forward thinking and have painted many of them in customer or heritage paint schemes, which definitely adds interest.
The Biffa one is dedicated to a customer who is a waste management company, the locomotive also has a nameplate and is named 'The Flying Dustman'....in homage to the famous Flying Scotsman; 'dustman' being a traditional British name for refuse collector!. The name was chosen in an employee competition.
I saw this loco yesterday near Crewe with my delightful girlfriend on a southbound intermodal train, they certainly get about!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/23 13:20 by exhaustED.

Date: 05/15/23 06:53
Author: erielackawanna

Great shot ExhaustED

Date: 05/16/23 17:03
Author: bogieman

Love that picture of the container ship on the loco, was that painted on or a wrap, although a wrap probably wouldn't handle the heat.

Dave

Date: 05/17/23 05:09

erielackawanna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great shot ExhaustED
>  

:-)

Date: 05/17/23 05:10

bogieman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love that picture of the container ship on the
> loco, was that painted on or a wrap, although a
> wrap probably wouldn't handle the heat.
>
> Dave

It's a wrap!

Date: 05/17/23 06:18
Author: goneon66

great images gents.  thanks for posting.........

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds