Home Open Account Help 288 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Class 47s in Stamford UK

Date: 05/17/23 17:34
Class 47s in Stamford UK
Author: erielackawanna

My last images from Stamford UK are of another repositioning move of empty stock that I just managed to luck into while on the platform waiting for our train back to Peterborough. This one had Class 47s on both ends. April 11, 2023.

Just like the empty stock repositioning I'd shot the day before, this one totally took me by surprise (as did all the freights, but passenger speed made things more difficult). I didn't have time to get to my camera, which was in the bag. Took these with the iPhone.

5Z65 Norwich to Crew 

Date: 05/18/23 01:36
Re: Class 47s in Stamford UK
Author: exhaustED

Nice! Sulzer engined, 2580hp, kind of the equivalent of a SD40-2 in the 80s in the UK. Lots of them all over the place, mixed traffic locos, more than 500 built which was a lot in the UK.

Date: 05/18/23 01:42
Re: Class 47s in Stamford UK
Author: railsmith

erielackawanna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My last images from Stamford UK are of another
> repositioning move of empty stock that I just
> managed to luck into while on the platform waiting
> for our train back to Peterborough. This one had
> Class 47s on both ends. April 11, 2023.

Appropriately for this special train, these 47s are wearing retro liveries, the first from the era when this class was introduced in 1962 and the second featuring the "large logo" design seen from the late 1970s into the '80s..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds