Home Open Account Help 294 users online

European Railroad Discussion > A Pair of IORE electrics near the Norwegian/Swedish border

Date: 05/28/23 20:33
A Pair of IORE electrics near the Norwegian/Swedish border
Author: SvenMolson

May 7 just west of Bjornfjell, Norway.  2 IORE electrics and 68 ore cars. May 7, 2023

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/29/23 14:02
Re: A Pair of IORE electrics near the Norwegian/Swedish border
Author: BlaineM

Nice to see activity and scenes from the far North.  I have not been to Norway, Sweden yes.  My son in law, Ludwig Gorenssen grew up in Linkoping Sweden he and my daughter Serena, they met in Hollywood and were married in Stockholm.  Never studied Railroads over there but appreciate all that I see.
Blaine
American Fork

Date: 05/29/23 15:44
Author: SvenMolson

Thank you for the comment.  The iron ore  railroading of the far north is very North American like in terms train length and operation.  One could easily paint the electrics  in maroon and you would have the old Missabe.

Ha det bra,
Sven

Date: 05/29/23 15:50
Author: ut-1

Very interesting! Surprised to see snow in May (although I recall a few May snowstorms here in upstate NY).

Date: 05/29/23 15:59
Author: pedrop

Nice video. It looks a very very very cold day. I have no clothes to cold weather like that.

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 05/29/23 16:58
Author: Latebeans

My wife and I were in Norway a few years ago and we really loved it.  I had originally wanted to get up to Narvik and take this route down to Stockholm.  In the end we only made it as far north as Trondeim before traveling east into Sweden. We both want to go back.  Maybe  next time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds