Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Southern Pacific in Oakland question

Date: 09/30/17 20:47
Southern Pacific in Oakland question
Author: NSDTK

Any one on here remember a V.P. Sewell that worked out of Oakland. Was a conductor and engineer i understand. He is the late Uncle of my engineer on a local here in GA

Date: 10/01/17 09:21
Re: Southern Pacific in Oakland question
Author: ExSPCondr

I have a master list of employees on the SP Western Lines, (Portland to El Paso) all crafts including Division Superintendents, from 1980.

There is nobody by that name employed in any capacity at that time. Sorry I can't help.
G

Date: 10/01/17 10:31
Author: goldcoast

Yes, I remember Conductor V. P. Sewell in the 1970's Amtrak era working trains #5 and #6. He did not have a pleasant personality.

Date: 10/01/17 16:32
Author: EtoinShrdlu

"Worked out of Oakland" is a bit misleading because many readers assume it means "they held seniority out of Oakland". 5 & 6 were worked out of Oakland, but the crew ratio was 2 Sac Div to 1 Western once the psgr interdivisionals were established. Prior to this it was Oak-Sac (Western Div) and Sac - Spx (Sac Div). I worked out of Oakland (frt and psgr) for 18 years in the 70s and 80s, and since I never heard of him, he was probably from the Sac Div.

Date: 10/01/17 18:11
Author: NSDTK

goldcoast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I remember Conductor V. P. Sewell in the
> 1970's Amtrak era working trains #5 and #6. He
> did not have a pleasant personality.

I had figured that much, His nephew can be a handful at times lol

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0309 seconds