Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > 24 Hour Reports

Date: 12/11/17 18:10
24 Hour Reports
Author: spnudge

I saw one on a thread and wondered if any SP officers on here still had some. That was something we (rank & File) were not to see. Sometimes the operator would print it and post it in the window but most times they were taken down by an officer.

You really got to see what was going happening on your division.

Nudge

Date: 12/12/17 07:08
Re: 24 Hour Reports
Author: WAF

spnudge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw one on a thread and wondered if any SP
> officers on here still had some. That was
> something we (rank & File) were not to see.
> Sometimes the operator would print it and post it
> in the window but most times they were taken down
> by an officer.
>
> You really got to see what was going happening on
> your division.
>
>
>
> Nudge

R.L.King was great for getting nightly reports on his way home in the 70s. AS the SP slowly went into the tubes, the reports got longer and not too great with B/O locomotives, trains set out on line to make room for more trains in the yards, yards holding for crews and power. Printed reports came from the Transportation office to senior staff every morning. Later they put on a tape to play with the system situation report, updated at 5a, 1p and 9p. Just had to dial 541-1707. I would tape the RLK reports and later the taped version for SP history use. I look at therm from time to time to answer questions. SP was in sad shape when business took off in the late 70s. No wonder RLK dead at a young age after being pounded 7 days a week on why the railroad was operating in bad shape. Moving him over to VPT didn't make life any better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/17 07:13 by WAF.

Date: 12/12/17 17:16
Author: spnudge

Amen

Nudge

Date: 12/12/17 17:45
Author: WAF

I just looked at what I have for 1979, not a single train made schedule, not even hotshots

Date: 01/10/18 09:40
Author: BoilingMan

Oh, jeez- I remember calling that number! I'd long forgotten all about it. I recall it was pretty interesting, and at times a bit depressing.
SR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.047 seconds