Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > RIP Carroll F Kaduce...former CNW Dispatcher

Date: 03/18/18 05:59
RIP Carroll F Kaduce...former CNW Dispatcher
Author: MILW86A

Carroll Kaduce began his railroading career on the CNW in Mason City Iowa in 1968, first as a clerk, then as a dispatcher in the old Central Division office. When Mason City closed in 1986, he moved to Boone and worked there til 1989. He didnt want to go to Chicago so instead he became VP-GM of the Iowa Northern til 1994. He hired on the CP as a clerk and worked out of Mason City. When IMRL(and later ICE) started Carroll became the Customer Service Manager for both roads. He retired in 2006.

Carroll was a wonderful person who could tell a lot of stories. I loved visiting with him everytime I stopped by the Mason City depot. He also loved to talk about biking, old tractors and the Hawkeyes.

Carroll Kaduce passed away March 14 2018. This photo was taken by my friend Jim Reuber October 21 1978 when Carroll was working for the CNW in Mason City.

RIP Carroll....Highball to Heaven my friend.

Date: 03/22/18 07:30
Re: RIP Carroll F Kaduce...former CNW Dispatcher
Author: Englewood

Thanks for posting.
Nice to see a dispatcher who could dispatch without computer assist.
Lunch bag and coffee cup on the comm panel. Typewriter in place to pound out reports.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds