Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > SP Stamp

Date: 12/12/19 08:23
SP Stamp
Author: HardYellow

You guys on the Old SP remember these timeslip stamps? I can't get this one open...it's been too many years

Date: 12/12/19 09:29
Re: SP Stamp
Author: Railbaron

I've still got mine also - it was your "gateway to riches".  LOL

Also saw one used as a "plug" for the independent; not real smart as it made it real easy for the RFE to figure out who did it. Fortunately I found it before an RFE did and simply returned it to the proper owner.

Edit:

My original one had my "PR" number (audit: 456 for Coast Trainman), then initials, then last name, and finally employee number:  456 XX XXXXXX 1334  Later they changed to SSN instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/19 17:52 by Railbaron.

Date: 12/12/19 11:56
Author: ExSPCondr

Mine had my initials, last name, and  9729.
G

Date: 12/12/19 17:06
Author: LocoPilot750

Ours on the Santa Fe had our
name and social security number.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/12/19 18:37
Author: Beowawe

Same on the WP.

Date: 12/12/19 19:44
Author: Trainhand

On the SCL we had a wooden stamp with your ID. Some of the old ACL had 5 digit ID's.  They were about consecutive supposedly. Mine had 6 digits I still use it for some passwords. The fummy thing was as long as it was SCL, if you quit then came back, you got your old ID number. In the 80's they changed a lot of people's ID numbers. I guess that was filling in with the Chessie.

Date: 12/14/19 12:25
Author: sp3204

I still have my time stamp! I remember reinking the pad at some local place about three or four months before we went to
computer time slips, a few dollars down the drain. If memory serves,me after all these years, I have been audit 207 Tracy,
audit 257 Roseville, and audit 337 Tucson. These audits all were for engine service as I never was a trainman. My employee
number was 6119! I always said the SP could turn me upside down and frequently did, but I was still employee 6119.

Date: 12/14/19 15:48
Author: HardYellow

I missed the paper timeslips. I went back through mine and found myself running  an eastbound at Caliente on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEHyoeSoTww

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/19 15:52 by HardYellow.

Date: 12/14/19 17:56
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

sp3204 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still have my time stamp! I remember reinking
> the pad at some local place about three or four
> months before we went to
> computer time slips, a few dollars down the drain.
> If memory serves,me after all these years, I have
> been audit 207 Tracy,
> audit 257 Roseville, and audit 337 Tucson. These
> audits all were for engine service as I never was
> a trainman. My employee
> number was 6119! I always said the SP could turn
> me upside down and frequently did, but I was still
> employee 6119.

the San Joaquin Division number was 287  the Los Angeles Division was 607.  On the SP all of the engineers audits ended in a 7.  The trainmens audits all ended in 6. 286 for the San Joaquin and the LA Division was 606/

Date: 01/07/20 19:54
Author: phlone

Still have mine too.  
SP Western Division trainmen was 206.   
If you moved around to different divsions using system seniority, it got complicated.  If you used your stamp from your "home" division on another division, it sometimes took a while for timekeeping to straighen things out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds