Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > The people you meet, part 3: WWW

Date: 09/21/20 22:15
The people you meet, part 3: WWW
Author: roustabout

Willard W Wilson, aka Bill,  former SP dispatcher and one of the original Willamette & Pacific dispatchers.  He wasn't the Chief 'Spatch, that was Dennis Bosquet but Bill was very well liked.  He retired before WPRR moved out of the ex-SP Albany Depot (so that Amtrak could remodel it) to the new building on the east side of Albany yard.  You old SP guys may remember him, too. Those days in the old Albany depot were great, with the crew room, dispatcher, customer service, marketing and Melbo all under one roof and the SP mainline right outside the door.

The summer of 1995, I was given full access of the WPRR by General Manager Bob Melbo and spent several weeks taking pictures to create a photo essay of the railroad. There are holes in my slide collection so I bet that RIM still has those slides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/20 22:17 by roustabout.

Date: 09/22/20 07:51
Re: The people you meet, part 3: WWW
Author: AFReschief

Worked with Bill in Tucson on the SP. Heck of a guy!

Jim Leonard
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/22/20 08:38
Author: WestinAshahr

When on the radio, I always made it a point to say, "Calling WP Valley Dispatcher..."

Date: 09/22/20 13:40
Author: wp1801

Thanks for the memories,Lou!

Date: 09/22/20 14:24
Author: Waybiller

I loved those days when WPRR/PNWR were in Albany.  Spent a lot of time there with the customer service folks, Tom C and Jim M. 

Date: 09/29/20 09:20
Author: spider1319

Great pictures and tribute.Thanks for sharing.Bill Webb

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds