Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > New Brakeman (continued)

Date: 11/12/20 11:04
New Brakeman (continued)
Author: zr190

We got more orders at Barr and at Benld.  I am just showing the clearance from Barr as all
of the orders were slow orders and nothing unusual.  I never noticed it until now, but the CNW
listed their orders in reverse numerical order.  On the Rock Island we listed them in numerical order with old
date movement orders first, then new date movement orders followed by slow orders.
zr190

Date: 11/12/20 11:07
Re: New Brakeman (continued)
Author: zr190

We had a pretty good trip going South.  The return trip didn't go as well and we died on our hours
at Allen.
zr190

Date: 11/13/20 19:33
Author: MyfordBrowning

A meet order at the point of the meet.

Date: 11/22/20 12:24
Author: Wildebeest

> I never noticed it until now, but the
> CNW
> listed their orders in reverse numerical order. 
> On the Rock Island we listed them in numerical
> order with old
> date movement orders first, then new date movement
> orders followed by slow orders.
> zr190

"Same difference" between the SP and the Santa Fe.  Southern Pacific practice was to list 'em in numerical order; the Santa Fe rulebook says "reverse numerical sequence." 

D F W

Date: 11/23/20 20:30
Author: stanhunter

Wildebeest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Same difference" between the SP and the Santa
> Fe.  Southern Pacific practice was to list 'em in
> numerical order; the Santa Fe rulebook says
> "reverse numerical sequence." 
>
> D F W

I always thought that the Santa Fe method of reverse numerical order made more sense, from a safety standpoint.  Most recent order listed first; easier for the dispatcher to review the orders in the order book; and the Operator has to fill out the clearance card once the last order is issued - can't be filling out the clearance as the orders are issued.  Less likely for the last one to be inadvertently left off.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds