Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Graffiti Friday(belated) II

Date: 04/24/21 07:01
Graffiti Friday(belated) II
Author: atsfer

Attached are 3 more good old days graffiti with the one referring to Tom which was on the side of an ATSF caboose showing real talent.   One of the others belongs to a Trainorders member.

Date: 04/24/21 07:55
Re: Graffiti Friday(belated) II
Author: retcsxcfm

How about Herbie?

Uncle Joe

Date: 04/26/21 07:25
Author: monaddave

Ray Corny is/ was (retired??) a real Santa Fe trainman working Middle Div. Seniority District #1. The Corny is a shortened version of his full last name.

We'd see his salutations on Boeing cars crossing MRL enroute to and from the Pacific Northwest.
Dave in MT

Date: 04/28/21 09:53
Author: atsfer

Ray is still working at Wichita but is an engineer now.  I used to work the boeing plant at Connell and pulled many a fuselage out of there.

Date: 04/30/21 05:48
Author: skinem

Still at it, Dave. I guess I get more satisfaction paying your and John's wages than retiring myself.   :^)

Date: 04/30/21 12:18
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

Over the years there was other graffiti seen on rolling stock. Water bed Lou, Herbie, Turkey Harrison.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/15/21 15:06
Author: sfbrkmn

Ray is holding board 21 @ Wichita, engrs extra board.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Newton is known for is own 'tagging" history. The chalk of "2 dead crew" was the brand of the Y202 flour mill job. many airslide cars, plus others, were tagged w/2 dead crew markings. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds