Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Killman's Last Day at Cushenbury

Date: 07/17/21 11:19
Killman's Last Day at Cushenbury
Author: spider1319

The year is 1980 and the month is September and the last day has come for the open agency at Cushenbury,California on the ATSF Lucerne Valley Branch.I ventured up with my camera for a couple photos.I had been here before, but only on the local.We were always greeted by Mr. Killman with a list for Kaiser and Spur 5 together with other staions on the branch.After some visting we would go about our business of spotting, pulling and switching our train.Only the cement slab remains and Killman bumped to Victorville ,which in a few years would meet the same fate as Cushenbury.I do miss the these open offices but they are all gone now.I think Killman held down the job very close to openinig of the branch in1957.Bill Webb  

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/21 13:04 by spider1319.

Date: 07/17/21 12:03
Re: Killman's Last Day at Cushenbury
Author: PHall

The most vital piece of equipment in that whole building is the swamp cooler.

Date: 07/18/21 06:42
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice, probably very few railfans have ever seen this view.
JB

Date: 07/19/21 11:32
Author: johnsweetser

spider1319 Wrote:

> The year is 1980 and the month is October and the last day has come for the open agency at Cushenbury, California ...

However, in the book "Coast Lines Depots, Los Angeles Division," Serpico & Gustafson stated that the Cushenbury agency was closed on September 30, 1980.

Date: 07/19/21 13:05
Author: spider1319

Correction made.Thanks for your kelp.Looking back September 30 makes more sense.Thanks again.Bill Webb 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds