Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Congress, the Prez, and the strike

Date: 11/29/22 22:15
Congress, the Prez, and the strike
Author: TAW

I'm using a mass letter writing campaign system to try to get the message to Congress that forcing the TA is a Bad Thing.

This is the link to send letters to your Congresscritters and The Prez. You can use my words or write your own or both. It's easy to do. A few clicks does the trick.

https://actionnetwork.org/letters/railroad-workers-need-your-help?source=direct_link&

Pass the link along to anyone and everyone. They aren't goig to write legislation over night, so maybe we have half a chance.

The short letter the link sends is linked to this, explaining in more detail:

https://climaterailalliance.org/potential-nationwide-railroad-strike-december-2022/

TAW

Date: 11/29/22 22:43
Re: Congress, the Prez, and the strike
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Did it and seriously hope it works as my friends in the railroad industry are burned out. I am retired from another serious transportation industry and started sailing there commercially during the Vietnam War and quit sailing after the first Persian War and worked ashore in the same industry until 1998. We worked long hard hours on most ships but we had decent vacations and medical care when needed, not when scheduled. The railroad operating personnel and other crafts need to be treated like true USA hero's and not like they are now as Hi-Vis and other programs are inhumane.

Don Allender
Retired Maritime Steam Engineer 120,000 HP experienced, Chief Engineer, Port Engineer, Engineering Director, Vice President of Engineering/Operations

Date: 11/30/22 15:44
Author: Northeaster

Thanks TAW, I have done my own emails to my Senator and Congresswoman as well as to Biden. It seems that far too many people in positions of power have never gotten their hands dirty and not even developed the intellect to understand the lives of those who do. The motto of the US Merchant Marine Academy is "Acta non Verba"  = "Deeds not Words." we should keep this in minds when a politician speaks. I have hopes that the additional bill in the House would add some paid health leave but do not know its status as of tonight.

Date: 11/30/22 19:39
Author: NSDTK

Its a mute point now to email Congress or the Senate. It will be 3 months before they look at the emails. by then they will be done with this current legislation 

Date: 12/01/22 07:31
Author: Drknow

Acta non verba. I like that.
That phrase is also part of the Future Farmers of America creed.

“… a faith born of deeds, not words.”

Solidarity and regards

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/01/22 21:22
Author: trackplanner

Railroaders got screwed again by the G-men...

Date: 12/01/22 21:38
Author: PHall

trackplanner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Railroaders got screwed again by the G-men...

Why would you expect anything else?

Date: 12/02/22 04:51
Author: TAW

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> trackplanner Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Railroaders got screwed again by the G-men...
>
>
> Why would you expect anything else?

Let's see... Donor Class... Working Class. Which one will we choose?

TAW

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds