Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Cassandra motel?

Date: 10/21/05 19:48
Cassandra motel?
Author: ohcr1551

Have any of you ever stayed at the motel in Cassandra? I'd like to know the price range and such. I'm hoping we can get back up that way sometime when there's snow on.

Thanks,

Becky

Date: 10/22/05 02:11
Re: Cassandra motel?
Author: dwil89

I've never stayed there but John Shuniak has showed me the rooms...Cable, AC, and starting at $35 a night....I'm leaving for Cresson on Vacation within the hour so I won't be on Internet to answer any other followup questions....Dave Williams

Date: 10/22/05 08:00
Author: taskforce3guy

Yea we just got back from Cresson, from a great week fanning. The colors werent quite there but Im sure by now they are. Not to sure on the hotel in Cassandra, but I would go with the Station Inn its cheaper if its more than one person. But Tom is likely to be pretty booked up, but ya might get lucky if its a weekday!

Dave...

Date: 10/22/05 13:55
Author: iubusguy

Yes, I've stayed there. This was in the summer of 2004.
Keep in mind that this is a "railfan hotel". It's not to be fairly compared to other hotels that compete for family recreation or business travel. We had a clean room, comfortable A/C, and plenty of hot water for the shower. Very low rates and a location within walking distance to the bridge/park make this a very nice loaction. Yes, you will find more plush hotels. That's not the market this business serves. I'd return again!

WB

Date: 10/22/05 17:29
Author: ohcr1551

Hey, as long as it's clean and safe that's fine. We don't need a fancy room. If there isn't a steady stream of drug traffickers going by (we had that problem at a chain motel in Columbus, OH not far from Cooke Road!) it'll do.

I'd love to stay at the Station Inn sometime, but he's been booked up every time we could go up there.

Thanks,

Becky

Date: 10/24/05 07:47

ohcr1551 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, as long as it's clean and safe that's fine.
> We don't need a fancy room. If there isn't a
> steady stream of drug traffickers going by (we had
> that problem at a chain motel in Columbus, OH not
> far from Cooke Road!) it'll do.
>
> I'd love to stay at the Station Inn sometime, but
> he's been booked up every time we could go up
> there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Becky

I'm there right now....Tom is heavy on bookings on the Weekends this time of year, but last night..he had 5 empty rooms! Dave Williams

Date: 10/24/05 08:24
Author: HaggisKennedy

Say, how are you sending from there? Or are you at the Cresson library?

:D

Kennedy

Date: 10/31/05 22:18

I was down at the Altoona Library.....Dave Williams

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0295 seconds