Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS C.N.O. & T.P. inspection train photos.

Date: 05/12/07 20:05
NS C.N.O. & T.P. inspection train photos.
Author: debutts

on friday 5/11 the CNO & TP ran their board of directors train from cincinnati, oh to chattanooga , tn.
train arrived in the afternoon along with the t/ storms. I created a pair of web pages for the occasion. the train departed chattanooga 5/12 at 4P . enjoy the pages and photos.

http://members.trainorders.com/debutts/trains.html

Date: 05/13/07 12:18
Re: NS C.N.O. & T.P. inspection train photos.
Author: roadbed

Very nice photos. I had no idea that this sort of inspection ever took place. Is this an annual event?

Date: 05/13/07 12:29
Author: tenthovi

I believe this has been a regular or semi regular inspection. However in the past they utilized the NS equipment. This the first time they have used Private Varnish. One of the trustee's of the Cincinnati Southern Railway is also a partner in the Cincinnati Railway Company which operates prviate cars regularly out of Cincinnati. Some how they were able to convince NS to let them use PV's instead of the business car fleet.

I caught the train last night or the wee early morning hours heading back to I&O yard in Norwood, Ohio about 2:30am. With CNRY 85 (ex NKP GP 30) in the lead. They made decent time getting back to Cincinnati.

Chris Edwards
Batavia & Ohio Railway Services

Date: 05/15/07 12:20
Author: RWS4449

Great photos, Thanks for sharing them.

The NS gave us priority on the line from Cincinnati to Chattanooga and return. Parking at the Chattanooga Choo Choo was a real treat.

I was a crew member on the train and took some photos of the trip. When I get them uploaded I will share them as well.

Roger

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds