Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Doswell Color

Date: 11/15/07 14:25
Doswell Color
Author: varailfan

Q409-14 motors south amongst a colorful November scene at Doswell, VA.

Jeff Hawkins

Date: 11/15/07 14:37
Re: Doswell Color
Author: Schuylkill_Valley

Jeff, Question.
How do I get to that yard from Ashland? When I'm down there next week I'll stop by.

Also do you live in the area?
Len.

Date: 11/15/07 14:56
Author: mjbobb

Just get on rt.1 north for a few miles and you come to an intersection right before an over pass with the old C&O. Turn right and its only 1/2mi down this road or so. Not sure what the name of the road is or not. Or you could take I95 north to the exit where King Dominion is and get onto RT.1 from there north just a mile or so.

Date: 11/15/07 15:09
Author: csxape7

The Doswell Yard is reached off of I-95 from Exit 98, Va. rt 30. Take the ramp east, towards Kings Dominion (but don't go into the amusuement park), follow Rt. 30 to the left after the 7-11 and on the other side of the rr crossing with the Piedmont Sub/BBRR. Follow Doswell Road around to the crossing with the RF&P Sub. BBRR Power should be present and if you are lucky, CSX power from ballast trains. The BBRR uses Channel 40 yard (160.710) and Channel 23 Road and Dispatcher (160.455) On the RF&P Sub, the Amtrak traffic is consistentv as is the Intermodal Frieght movements. The VRE operating window affects regular freight traffic that doesn't get past XR in
Stafford Co. by 1600 in the afternoons. These trains are held back at Alexandria and get to depart after rush hour.

CSXAPE7

Date: 11/15/07 15:30
Author: dharris

Doswell is about 7 miles up the road from Ashland. You'll see a sawmill on the left as you approach the right turn on Doswell Road. There's a small store on the right at the intersection, before the overpass that goes over the Buckingham Branch tracks. The turn is easy to miss.

dharris

Date: 11/15/07 15:32

Thanks all,

Len.

Date: 11/15/07 18:15
Author: varailfan

Schuylkill_Valley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jeff, Question.
> How do I get to that yard from Ashland? When I'm
> down there next week I'll stop by.
>
> Also do you live in the area?
> Len.

Hopefully you have enough information to find Doswell. I do live in the Richmond area.

Jeff H.

Date: 11/15/07 18:33

On my way down, My first stop will be Point of Rocks, Md.I've rail fan this spot a few times in the past.
I estimate time arrival will be about 10:30 am. for we are leaving our house at 5:00am.
Tuesday morning.

Len.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds