Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad: ALCOs After D

Date: 02/03/10 16:58
Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad: ALCOs After D
Author: PennRailVideos

On a cold night in late December, Penn Rail Videos was in western New York, scouting out the Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad. On this night, we will follow the Hornell Turn from Olean, NY to Hornell, NY over the former Erie main line. Departing Olean at about 7:00PM, former Cartier MLW M636 #43 leads ex-Morristown & Erie #17 (now WNYP #431, a C430) east towards Hornell through many of the small towns along the way. We'll even pace the train briefly, allowing one to hear what truly makes an ALCo worth seeing. The pair put on a great show, and many thanks go out to the crew who put on the great show with these awesome machines. If you like big ALCO's, then this is one video you'll wanna watch over and over again.

Before the run, I grabbed a pair of night shots by the yard office.

I think the ALCO fans are gonna really love this one.
Take care,
- Adam C.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/10 20:09 by PennRailVideos.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/04/10 15:39
Re: Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad: ALCOs Aft
Author: JGFuller

Splendid - splendid - splendid! Back in the day, I worked a summer for EL, and rode frequently between Youngstown, Meadville and Hornell. So good to see at least part of the Erie in good shape.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds