Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rail Train on Midland Sub

Date: 11/07/00 14:25
Rail Train on Midland Sub
Author: rusty

I partially loaded rail train went east toward Columbus at about 4:00 today on the Midland. I think it was W019. Any ideas where this train was headed. G853 (for Cargill in Bloomingburg) was a Block behind him.

Rusty

Date: 11/07/00 14:58
RE: Rail Train on Midland Sub
Author: 3rdRail

Where is the Midland sub? From where to where?

Date: 11/07/00 15:18
Author: P

Rusty, haven't seen you in a while. You've been MIA. I miss your updates on the Midland. The Midland sub (CSX) runs from Cincinnati to Columbus, Ohio by way of Loveland, Blanchester, Midland City (not much of a city, but it is the junction to the I&O Greenfield line-which by the way is a former CSX mainline that ran through Chillicothe on to the east coast), Wilmington, & Washington Court House.

The line was subject to a fair amount of maintenance this summer, however it sees only a handful of trains on a daily basis. Tough to fan the line unless you know what's coming & can run ahead of it.

Date: 11/07/00 16:09
Author: HoosierVirg

I saw two units plus some ballast cars sitting behind McDonalds in Blanchester last Wednesday. So,I guess they still must be working somewhere. Have a good and safe day.

Date: 11/08/00 06:46
Author: csxt303

This train was bound for Zanesville OH for the Ohio Central short line. It only had four pieces of ribbon rail on it plus a work caboose. Power was two C-30-7's. Q314 was running just ahead of it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds