Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > HEY Shay 1925

Date: 03/07/01 07:52
HEY Shay 1925
Author: ns-conductor

Jim,

I took this in March of last year, it looks to be of an 1880's combine or baggage car, its on blocks as the picture shows, and is letter for East Carolina Railway. I didn't know if you were aware of this car or the collection of a private indidual in NC. The collection also includes a Railway express car of the ACL, the type the 501 would have pulled in passenger trains on its New York to Florida trains. This REA car was orginally painted to match the Diesels in their Purple and Silver. Also a Seaboard Air line boxcar with Orange Blossom Special lettering as well as others, including serveral railroad buildings, A station platform and the grandaddy of them all is a turntable and track which is dissasembled! looked like about it was about 75ft or less in length. The pics of the ACL and Seaboard car didn't come out but their are several flatcars mostly ACL, USA flats with the european style bumbers, a SCL sand car formally ACL phosphate hopper, I'll post more pics if you are interested. I would like to keep others on this site from knowing the location of this equipment, since it is a private owner, and would begin calling the law enforcement if it was abused by railfans. If you want to know the location email me here at trainorders.
Some of these cars are very rare and a couple should be in a museum. Personally in NC!

Date: 03/07/01 07:57
RE: HEY Shay 1925
Author: ns-conductor

here is a pic of a Seaboard Cab just like the one at Spencer, took it with digital cam. same location as East Carolina Railway car.

Date: 03/07/01 10:39
RE: HEY Shay 1925
Author: shay1925

Nice shots, Kevin; I'll have to holler you up to take a browse through them sometime! Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds