Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RRKen and gcw made good points, and also....

Date: 05/21/01 16:53
RRKen and gcw made good points, and also....
Author: jch9596

In my never to be humble opinion, RRKen and gcw had the best two thoughts on this post. vacentral, I am not here to condone or condemn what you did. I will say this. You speak about how "all" you did was trespass and take a piece of paper. My arguement would be that you either make a choice to break the law or you make the choice to respect the law. In this case, you made the choice to break the law. There is no middle ground.

We all live with the possibility of consequences for our actions. A possible consequence for what you did was to be spotted by railroad police and charged with tresspassing. That didn't happen this time. Maybe it will or maybe it won't happen next time.

But I do wish that more of us think about the consequences of our actions on other people. It is human nature (for railroad powers that be) to think that since a handful of "railfans" tresspass and steal railroad property that the majority of other railfans will then do the same. So, vacentral, your actions and actions by others like you may directly affect another railfan's chance at a legitimate shot. It is also true that the actions of another railfan might affect your legitimate shot in the future.

It's something that we all need to think about.

Joe H.

Date: 05/21/01 16:56
Oops. Should have been posted down below.....
Author: jch9596

Sorry about this, boys. This thread should have been posted below as a response to the

"20/05/01 17:57 Dead Western power in Roanoke - vacentral"

thread which can be found at --

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?f=2&i=25553&t=25553

My apologies.

Joe H.

Date: 05/21/01 17:20
RE: Oops. Should have been posted down below.....
Author: Plantman

Take a chill pill man....

Date: 05/21/01 17:36
1977 Altoona, PA
Author: roadrat

I walked the deadline at Altoona yards.Alot of first generation stuff..Snapped a shot of every unit in the first line...26 or 27 pics total...I can relate to this "Once in a lifetime" thing...The railroads have to realize that pics will be taken if they start parking the "moldy oldies" out in the open...Climbing on the equipment is a risk you take on your own....You've done it, I've done it...But this is a new generation of "sue happy" individuals who know what they are doing is wrong, and if they get hurt, someone will pay for their stupidity...That someone is usually the railroad. In this case, for not fixing the fence...And this is why we are a liability at best anymore...Just my opinion...Roadrat

Date: 05/21/01 19:10
chill pill
Author: vacentral

Who and what are you talking about plantman? Thanks Roadrat, at least you would admit to what you at one time did. Of course you did not regret it and I sure did not!!!

Date: 05/21/01 19:13
RE: chill pill
Author: Plantman

vacentral wrote:
>
> Who and what are you talking about plantman? Thanks Roadrat,
> at least you would admit to what you at one time did. Of
> course you did not regret it and I sure did not!!!

I was referring to Joe H. not yourself....

Date: 05/21/01 19:15
RE: RRKen and gcw made good points, and also....

Good Post Joe! We all take chances and with luck we will all come out on top. We must work together to may this great hobby work. One simple thing: Think before you do! I did make a mistake...

Date: 05/21/01 20:06
RE: chill pill

What would you have done in that situation? Thanks

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0954 seconds