Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Train 698

Date: 12/04/12 14:39
NS Train 698
Author: howeld

Per heritage units website NS train 698 was spotted south of Charleston, WV on the West Virginia Secondary around 5pm today. I would like to know if this train will pass though Columbus, OH and best guess on when I might be though town? My work is taking me to Columbus tomorrow for the morning hours and wouldn't mind keeping an ear out for this train. I've have yet to see the Monongahela or Central of GA units.
Thanks
Derek

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/12 14:45 by howeld.

Date: 12/04/12 15:16
Re: NS Train 698
Author: toledopatch

howeld Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Per heritage units website NS train 698 was
> spotted south of Charleston, WV on the West
> Virginia Secondary around 5pm today. I would like
> to know if this train will pass though Columbus,
> OH and best guess on when I might be though town?
> My work is taking me to Columbus tomorrow for the
> morning hours and wouldn't mind keeping an ear out
> for this train. I've have yet to see the
> Monongahela or Central of GA units.
> Thanks
> Derek

Goes to Sandusky via Columbus. When it will go through Columbus, though, will depend on how quickly it gets recrewed at Hobson and when/where another recrew in the Columbus area occurs. I wouldn't hazard a guess on its appearance there until it has departed Hobson.

Conflicting information about leader status. Early reports said both H-units were trailing. Now there's an update out of Nitro, WV, that says the 8025 (MGA) is on the point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/12 15:44 by toledopatch.

Date: 12/04/12 15:56
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

I put a thread on here earlier that this train would possibly turn into a 698 and I also mentioned that these two locomotives where the only ones on the train with the 8025 leading and the 8101 trailing. I just had that feeling...

Date: 12/05/12 05:17

At Bannon in Columbus as of 0715. Do not know when it will leave to go to Sandusky.

Date: 12/05/12 05:30

New thread now has this train by Worthington OH at 0820.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds