Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Folkston Special: Two Dash 8's and an MP15AC Yard Slug

Date: 12/09/12 17:24
Folkston Special: Two Dash 8's and an MP15AC Yard Slug
Author: Vanakatherock

I returned from my trip to Jekyll Island, Georgia today. I made a four hour trip to the Folkston Funnel, while I was down there. This was the highlight of my seven catches. We see a CSX Southbound mixed freight train smoking up the Folkston Funnel with a friendly crew, waving to the kids, providing a shave & a haircut, and a special appearance by an EMD MP15AC Yard Slug, third in line.

Enjoy

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/09/12 18:22
Re: Folkston Special: Two Dash 8's and an MP15AC Yard S
Author: RFandPFan

Nice video. That was Q457 Waycross to Jacksonville mixed freight. The bulk head flat at the beginning of the train was loaded with used timbers that have been seen frequently around here lately. A bunch of them came into Waycross a week ago on Q491 (see photo) from Hamlet, NC. I also saw the same type of load going north through Folkston on Friday. They are larger than railroad ties and definitely used, I am curious as to what they are used for and where they are going.

Date: 12/10/12 11:19
Author: ABB

Look to be timbers used by construction companies to support heavy equipment when working on wet and soft subgrade.

Date: 12/11/12 11:02
Author: billroland

Nice catch on the Seaboard System boxcar at 50 seconds.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0272 seconds