Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Layoffs

Date: 06/06/01 14:14
CSX Layoffs
Author: rickrailrd

Word came down two days ago that 20 conductors and engineers in Columbus, OH and Marysville are being laid off. These are the first layoffs in these two terminals, and who knows if more will go.

Date: 06/06/01 15:24
Rumor or Fact?
Author: Weasel

Rumor or Fact?? I have been hearing the same at Willard but as of yet nothing has been fact. Willard had 12(?) layed off completely but these where newhires that where told when they marked up they where layed off, but in March they brought all of them back and now they are working as CQ's. FYI Garrett still has around 10 people laid off. The local chairman at Willard has told me several times that these layoffs are still only rumors. I know I would like to know, I am literately at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to seniority and I am in a world of hurt rite now due to the elimination of those B5 furlough boards. The only thing keeping me going is they are forcing engineers put on the ground back to the hot seat and excercising their seniority within the entire distrcit. Well, lets hope the layoffs stay just what they are now, Scuttlebutt.

See ya trackside,

Weasel

Date: 06/06/01 15:42
Fact
Author: trainmaster3

Louisville Dist. Gen Notice 5612
Cinci Term Dist. Gen Notice 6773
Indiana Dist. Gen Notice 7529
Central Ohio Dist. Gen Notice 9477

Date: 06/06/01 16:08
RE: Fact
Author: fmw

It is no wonder with the amount of excess people they hired at Marysville and Columbus. If any of you hire on with CSX, be prepared to take a temporary transfer to somewhere else until you can hold a job where you hired. The same thing happened to me in 98. It took a year to get back. Do your homework first and find out if there are excess men before you pay the $4000.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds