Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSXT K440-13

Date: 06/14/01 06:34
CSXT K440-13
Author: scraphauler

Just curious if any of you know what type train K440 is. I already know from the Bull Sheet that it is a unit train that operates as needed between Tampa and Waycross. Just curious as to what type of unit train. Specificly, I'm interested in the K-440-13 that departed Baldwin FL this AM at 0515. Seems CSXT has found fit to put one of my private cars on this train - I'm hoping this unit train just filled out with some misc. traffic, and that my car hasn't ended up in unit train service. Of course, trying to find out from CSXT what's going on is like pulling teeth - all they can tell me so far is it's headed to Waycross - well no kidding! Appreciate any info you have - Thanks

Date: 06/14/01 07:35
RE: CSXT K440-13
Author: rbx551985

Could this be one of the PHOSPHATE trains that uses "grain" cars to haul the commodity for long-distance (nationwide) customers?

Date: 06/14/01 07:55

Would be nice if it is a covered hopper phosphate train - that would mean my open top gon was just fil-out traffic! Just hoping it not a rock train or "other" bulk commodity train utilizing open tops. Time will tell.

Date: 06/14/01 16:36
RE: CSXT K440-13--answer to your question
Author: awillis50

This is a covered hopper phosphate train, and extra phosphate related products (ie empty sulfer cars, ect). K440 runs almost daily and sometimes runs extra freight to Waycross. Do you know if your car is a load or an empty? Where should your car be going?

MAW
http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/nstrains

Date: 06/15/01 08:20

It's an empty bathtub gon with billing to Louisville KY. Shows in Waycross now with good billing. My concearn was that it if this was some sort of open top unit train (i.e. Coal, Coke, Rock, etc) my car would wander off with the unit train - happens occasionaly, although, NS is by far worse than CSXT when it come to "misappropriating" cars.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0242 seconds