Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Ah! What a mess....

Date: 06/26/01 09:41
Ah! What a mess....
Author: CSXDash9

This is definitely one of those engines that you'd have a hard time finding out who actually owned it. This is actually the first Canadian Cab unit I'd ever seen. Now I'm gonna try to get the history of this right...we'll see if I can get it. Folks from CarolinaRails, correct me if I'm wrong! It is a GP40-2W painted for GO Transit, sublettered for TriRail, owned by TBRX, but on the point of the Aberdeen Carolina and Western Dinner Train in Aberdeen NC, pulling ex-PRR coaches. Gasp. Not sure about the PRR part, but what the heck. Sorry for the not so good shot, weather was miserable!!

CSXDash9

Date: 06/26/01 09:49
RE: Ah! What a mess....
Author: EDurnwald

Great Photo, Keep Sharing!

Remember! We are only responisble
for the effort, not the out come.

Date: 06/26/01 10:51
Author: bl2

What happened to the old days. Keep a loco 20 30 years then sell it for scrap. Now with resales and lease units it get real confusing just who's unit it is.

Date: 06/26/01 13:49
Author: CS

Hey, I have an inside cab shot of that same unit! The Carolina Rails list had a meet in Hamlet and go to go hang out in Aberdeen and go up in that engine. Corey, I think you're pretty right on with your assesment of the heritage. At least more than I know about it! All I know is it used to belong to CN, then Florida Tri Rail. Too bad the Dinner Train is kaput now...

Date: 06/26/01 14:00
Author: cn6218

I think this is the only one of the ex-GO GP40-2(W)s that CN didn't buy. Is this a recent photo? I didn't know that it was still in the GO paint.

In fact this is probably the only "Canadian Cab" GM diesel that was never owned by CN. (A possible exception would be some SD40-2(W)s bought by Ontario Hydro, but built to CN specs. CN may actually own them now, I'm not sure.)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0281 seconds