Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Caboose heritage wanted

Date: 03/12/13 10:03
Caboose heritage wanted
Author: SD45X

Noblesville,IN. knitting mall has this outside.
Looking for what RR had these type caboose or the actual heritage.

Date: 03/12/13 10:17
Re: Caboose heritage wanted
Author: nikon1

I can't say as to the heritage but, it looks like it was rebuilt from a fishbelly 40' box car
Charlie
MP 53 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Date: 03/12/13 11:09
Author: Frisco1522

Has kind of an L&N look to it to me.

Date: 03/12/13 11:13
Author: zephyrus

Former Atlantic Coast Line caboose later used by Central Indiana Railway. I believe it was an ACL M-3 class, probably built in the 1920s.

Didn't find much more info than that.

Z

Date: 03/12/13 11:16
Author: alco539

Being a former resident of noblesville I know that caboose very well, and I had an interesting coversation with the old man that owns the knitting mall next to it and he told me that the railroad left it there and basically removed the tracks around it when they abandoned the railroad. From the old central indiana short line and that line has been abandoned for a long, long time. if you are up there again and you get a chance go into the knitting mall and talk to the onwer if he is still there he will be glad to tell you the story. by the way if didn't already know if you follow that line to the river there is a really cool old truss bridge across the white river.

Sean M. Kagi
Williamsport,PA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/13 11:21 by alco539.

Date: 03/12/13 12:54
Author: boejoe

My first reaction when I saw the photo was to say Richmond Fredericksburg & Potomac! I then went to a directory of cabooses issued by ARCHES (American Railway Caboose Historical Educational Society) and found EIGHT entries for Noblesville IN! All are listed as "Indiana Transportation Museum", Forest Park, Indiana Rd 19. Sure enough, there is a former RF&P listed, built in 1942 as road #926, wood construction and formerly as Central Indiana RR #60
Other cabooses in the museum collection came from C&O, GTW, Monon, and NKP

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds