Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The Devil and the Jersey Girl

Date: 08/11/13 19:48
The Devil and the Jersey Girl
Author: PCTZ

While any chance to get a heritage unit leading on a sunny day is normally priority one, I have to admit, this day it wasn't. Having been in Erie the day before for a picnic with the kids at Waldameer Park, and missing a K011 with BNSF power meant I had oil trains on the brain. The decision to return on Sunday was made easier since the CofG unit on 22W was already in Conway and it was cloudy down there. So knowing 287 would have the CNJ leading made Erie a no brainer. It seems like the last few times I've been on the lakeshore, CSX is fast asleep. Arriving at the Franklin Ave bridge a little after 9am seemed totally useless, since the first train didn't arrive till after 11am. Another fan I ran into said it had been trainless since their 830am arrival. Finally, the slumber was broken at 1104am with Q158-11 lead by CSX 666 "The Devil" and 621. CSX put 2 more intermodals by before more silence returned. NS 287-11 showed up at 1222pm with the CNJ 1071 leading 9289 and 103 empty auto racks for Avon Lake to be dropped at Fairlane. Oh well, no oil trains and time to head home since high noon sun had arrived. Still, well worth the drive, one more heritage unit checked off!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/13 20:23 by PCTZ.

Date: 08/11/13 20:06
Re: The Devil and the Jersey Girl
Author: OHCR

Good catch, I never have seen/caught CSX 666. The S2 surfacing gang has been working their way east on the CSX Lakeshore division , but I do not if they were working today though.

Date: 08/11/13 20:10
Author: Gonut1

PCTZ,
So sorry your rail-fanning life is so miserable. hopefully you will survive.
Gonut

Date: 08/11/13 20:30

LOL...I take it that came across a little whiney? I guess NS traffic density spoils us around Pittsburgh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/13 20:33 by PCTZ.

Date: 08/12/13 09:59
Author: EL-SD45-3632

Why do you all call it the Jersey Girl? why not just the CNJ? it sounds "like" so California girly "like"

Date: 08/12/13 12:11

I think like it was supposed to sound like the LV "Valley Girl"...but could have been Lady Liberty if I felt more serious at that late hour...lol.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0795 seconds