Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Detroit Line Work

Date: 07/18/02 05:26
NS Detroit Line Work
Author: shawnmutant

Hello all,

Yesterday and Tuesday I have noticed that all NB NS trains from Toledo to Detroit have been using track number 1 (the SB) through Wyandotte, MI. I was wondering if work was underway on the CNIC/NS underpass project in Monroe, MI. There is also possibility that this could be related to the signal work required to close FN Tower in Trenton, MI. Yesterday a Coal train #544 for Trenton came north on track 1 from CP Lasalle and then ran around its train near River Rouge yard then headed south on track two to the Trenton Channel Power Plant.

thanks
Shawn

Date: 07/18/02 09:03
Re: NS Detroit Line Work
Author: herbsommers

There is a ballest train trying to get north out of Toledo as I type. I don't know where they are working.
Herb

Date: 07/18/02 13:48
Re: NS Detroit Line Work
Author: toledopatch

Could be related to the Dixie Highway underpass project in Monroe. They're fairly far along with that now, and CN had some bigtime trackwork going on up there last weekend while the new diamond on the Shore Line for the Warner industrial lead was installed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds