Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Speaking of the Ohio Central

Date: 11/30/02 15:43
Speaking of the Ohio Central
Author: cgtower

A few threads ago some mentioned the OC and their roster. While this shot does not really help with a complete OC roster...it does provide an example of OC's rather eclectic roster.

The photo from the vestibule of the "Swiss Festival Flyer" (Columbus to Sugarcreek) from last September...if you look closely you can see the smoke from the OC 6325 which will replace the F's and will give us an unforgettable run back to Columbus.

More on the way from this trip...

73's
Eric

Date: 11/30/02 15:56
Re: Speaking of the Ohio Central

Here is the 6325 at our photo run-by at Trinway. What a locomotive!

73's
Eric

Date: 11/30/02 16:05

O.k...last one folks. Here is the regular Sugarcreek "local" ready to head south.

E-

Date: 11/30/02 16:21
Author: ge13031

Sweet!
Thanks for posting ... shhhhhhhh don't let those guys out west know we have our own steam heaven in Ohio.

Date: 11/30/02 16:55
Author: waybill

ge13031 wrote:

> Sweet!
> Thanks for posting ... shhhhhhhh don't let those guys out
> west know we have our own steam heaven in Ohio.
>
> [%sig%]

How true. California would tax it!!

The OC is a neat operation. We visited the area in early October. Enjoyed a shop tour, and a cab ride on the 4-6-2 from Sugar Creek to the next siding south, and then back to Sugar Creek. Yes, a class act.

Date: 11/30/02 19:13
Author: RDG484

Boy just think if they kept the 2100. There would have been for sure a recreation of doubleheaded Iron Horse Rambles. They must be sorry they sold that locomotive.

Date: 11/30/02 21:17
Author: CNMark

By 2100, I assume you mean Reading 2100, which has been in St Thomas, Ontario for a few years now (about 4). IIRC, this engine is for sale again...

Nice to see that butt-ugly, piece of junk, ex CN HR412 3588 found a home. That unit is living proof that Bombardier was building garbage long before Acela. (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Mark

Date: 11/30/02 21:28
Author: telus6429

Which 2100, would it happen to be this one that is up For Sale for 2.6 Millions US as of the Summer of 2001. It is sitting in St Thomas, Ontario, all ready to run and is always a talk for many people. I think if the Ohio Central can afford it they got it, but they have to talk to CN to move it.

Most of these Photos were taken by a friend of mine and said I can post them, also I have thrown in a few of my pictures for everyone.

All of these pictures on this page are mine from August of 2001.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor, Ontario

Date: 11/30/02 21:36
Author: telus6429

These are pictures my Friend took. All of them are taken on August 24 of this year, In St Thomas, Ontario. I will be getting getting my pictures of this weekend done soon I hope along with my other 14 rolls of Film.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor, Ontario

Date: 12/01/02 01:39
Author: Chessie_8563

CNMark wrote:

>
> Nice to see that butt-ugly, piece of junk, ex CN HR412 3588
> found a home. That unit is living proof that Bombardier was
> building garbage long before Acela. (tongue firmly planted in
> cheek)
>
> Mark
>
> [%sig%]

Oddly they seem to have goten most of them runing...

Date: 12/01/02 01:43
Author: Chessie_8563

telus6429 wrote:

> Which 2100, would it happen to be this one that is up For
> Sale for 2.6 Millions US as of the Summer of 2001. It is
> sitting in St Thomas, Ontario, all ready to run and is always
> a talk for many people. I think if the Ohio Central can afford
> it they got it, but they have to talk to CN to move it.
>
> [%sig%]

Actually its going for $750K American at this moment... (Info from a friend involved)

Date: 12/01/02 16:51
Author: Telus6429

Chessie_8563 wrote:

>
> Actually its going for $750K American at this moment... (Info
> from a friend involved)

I heard this back in the Summer of 2001 from the people at St Thomas who restored it, saying that it was 2.6 million , but who knows what happen to the price.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor,Ontario

Date: 12/02/02 05:18
They didn't sell her...
Author: ohcr1551

...they didn't own all of 2100 in the first place, as I understand it. When the other partners auctioned her off, the bidding went kinda crazy and she ended up going north.

2100 sat at the WLE shops at Brewster for years until, one evening, disgusted with her treatment (outdoors, tarp thrown over her sometimes) she caught a passing OC freight and hid out for a while at Morgan Run.

--Becky

Date: 12/02/02 07:38
Author: railfan4449

OHIO CENTRAL THE BEST RAILROAD IN AMERICA! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds