Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX K277 Derailment photos

Date: 04/23/03 21:22
CSX K277 Derailment photos
Author: oaksmodelrr

Date: 04/24/03 06:08
Re: CSX K277 Derailment photos
Author: off-pending

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Is that a lumber company below the centerbeam flat? Easy way to get some discount lumber. E0

Date: 04/24/03 06:15
Lumber and an update

I was talking to the lumber yard manager about that. He talked to CSX and said that they will be talking to the insurance company. He said the wood would probably be bowed and therefore a right off, but still good as seconds. And you gotta figure the insurance company would have to pay someone to retrieve and dispose of it anyway, and the only way to get to it safely is from the lumber yard, so why not pay the lumber yard to get take it and save money.

Here is the latest

07:30 Report

All cars now removed, the NS box car and I think Southern box that was straddling the R3 tracks are on the west side of SEPTA Track 1 south of the station, which is still standing despite reports. Ironic that the two cars that bore the brunt of the damage belong to NS. Much of the heavy equipment is gone also. They were bringing in what I believe is a pile driver for the new caternary supports. Only wires left are the PECO high tension wires. No CSX or SEPTA rail equipment visible.

I presume the Bomber set and other equipment usually in West Trenton for the AM rush are stranded there until work is done, although it looks like they could get a diesel through. Of course the wire train has a lot of work to do.

Date: 04/24/03 06:35
Re: Lumber and an update
Author: beauprejesse

Good report.Was at Roselle PArk last night. Only CSX train was Q-172.

Date: 04/24/03 09:45
Author: robbennett

Wow, if I had still been living in the area, I might have been hurt. I used to go to NF often, as I lived in Trevose just off Brownsville Road, about 3 minutes from here. Worse, I would have had my sons with me. These shots bring back memories. I could show you tons of shots from this area, plus the Morrisville Line. Thanks for the update. Hate to see this happen.

Why has CSX not detoured via the Woodbourne Connection? They could shoot over the Morrisville Line, run around, and head south. Was this torn out??

Date: 04/24/03 09:52
Author: Pattenburg

Think this will delay the RBBB circus train from when it goes from Philadelphia to Providence (RI) on Monday?

Date: 04/24/03 10:06
Author: TrkEngr

Oaksmodelrr, nice news photos as usual.
Just heard (1pm) Q172 get 241 by the stop signal at CP River on to #2 tk north. I guess there won\'t be anymore detours(?).

Date: 04/24/03 11:49
Update

I just shot Q300 and Q175 on Monday at the spot where the cat pole was at the center of this photo http://www.trainweb.org/oaksmodelrr/Photos/Csx/DSC00085.jpg. If this had happened then, I (and probably a few other people who were waiting on the platform) would not be here today.

They are getting ready to move. Reports of not one but two Q418\'s out of Camden this afternoon. Q300 (to be recrewed) and Q172 (just arrived) are sitting at CP Nesh, waiting for the OOS area to clear. CSX Hi-rail equipment on the single track at Neshaminy Falls. SEPTA is putting up temporary (maybe permanent) wood caternary poles to replace the downed iron support. Looked like they are starting to hang wire, at least from the south. Most of the repair equipment on site is SEPTA, so looks like CSX is almost finished and will be ready to run this afternoon.The NS and Southern cars are south of station as reported, along with the trucks.

No delays for the RBBB on Monday. Even SEPTA should be up and running by then.

Date: 04/24/03 12:06
Forgot the Woodbourne question

To use the WC, they would have to run up the Harrisburg Line to Abrams, then run around the train and couple up to the back to run through SEPTAland and the Morrisville line, that is if NS had not decided to do work on the ML. I believe there is currently a 8:00-16:00 curfew while they do tie and ballast work. They were also redoing the crossings, with Bustleton Pike currently closed. Got some shots of 14G and 17G earlier this week.

NS has been using the WC Track to park a tie train (the one I shot a couple weeks ago) and for the occasional CSX dimensional load heading for Morrisville. Other than that it is basically forgotten, like the Amtrak-SEPTA connection at North Philly.

Date: 04/24/03 16:25
Re: Lumber and an update
Author: conrailsd8

Wonder if the OAKWAY leasing locomotive would have made it down arround Petersburg VA (Colliar Railyard crossings of the former Seaboard (coast or air) line and the Norfolk & Western RRs)

Date: 04/25/03 05:49
Wood Connecting track
Author: fullservice

I think the 3 biggest factors limiting CSX from using the wood connecting track and the morrisville line west to Abrams are..

1) threre is no longer any former conrail crews in philly that still hold qualifications over the morrisville line

2) with all the arbitraries and penalty claims it would cost about $840 per crew. This does not include the cost of adding pilots for engineer or conducrtor or both nor the cost of recrews.

3) It would be very time consuming for every train to run around itself at CP norris. Maybe an hour and a half per train.

Although CSX does have trackage rights to the Morrisville line and the Harrisburg line, by these 3 factors alone, it does not seem feasable.

Date: 06/24/03 16:03
Author: supersock

pssst. Hey jag, I\'m over here!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds