Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NCTM Rail Days... thanks to all those who came!

Date: 04/27/03 18:39
NCTM Rail Days... thanks to all those who came!
Author: shay1925

Thanks to all trainorders.com members who came out to Rail Days this year. All of us who volunteer or work there are happy you came and hope to see you next year or on a regular operating day. Suggestions to improve the event are welcomed by posting them here or dropping me an email. Jim

Date: 04/27/03 18:55
Re: NCTM Rail Days... thanks to all those who came!
Author: cockaboose

How about maybe cutting down some of the brush that obstructs viewing the old Southern mainline action while visiting the museum grounds? Then you\'d get the best of then and now action. Great museum and event though.

Date: 04/27/03 19:32
The thanks should go to you folks!
Author: Tom

I was out there today with my 2 sons and we all had a wonderful time...as usual. Thanks again for creating some lifetime memories!!! The efforts that you all put forth are very much appreciated.

Date: 04/28/03 04:52
Author: Larry576

I enjoyed myself very much - especially getting kid/foamer/grandparent/parent - free shots of equipment - its tough at an event like that but I succeeded. I was sorry to see that GP30 2601 wasn\'t moved outdoors for shooting despite the fact she needs mechanical work - it looks great!
Great job to everyone who put this together.
Larry

Date: 04/28/03 10:12
Author: NYC_L4a

Well thanks for the "thanks". The place is really looking better and better each time I go there. Was a great way to spend the day and I had a good time. Don\'t know who I can thank for the weather yesterday, but it was no doubt the most pleasant I\'ve had in over a decade of attending. Moving it from July to April was a smart move.

I guess I\'ll put in a second motion to the suggestion ( wish ) for having the brush cleared so that the NS mainline is visible. The nice open area SE of the roundhouse is great for getting good shots, with nice wide-open views and nary a daisy picker.

See you next year.

Date: 04/28/03 10:12
Author: KNTower

The 2601 made a lap around the site late in the afternoon on Sunday.

Jim --- DVCabin and I discussed the possibility of a hobo train next year. Perhaps we could run the freight train as we did this year but use some hay bales for seating in the Southern boxcar and leave the doors open. This would increase our capacity on that train, since this year we only had the few seats available in the caboose. It would also be a neat attraction, particularly for the kids.

I\'m sure we saw a bunch of you through the ticket booths on Saturday and Sunday, and we appreciate you coming out.

Heavyduty---it was good to meet you on Saturday. I hope your family enjoyed the event.

KN Tower

Date: 04/28/03 15:33
Author: steamloco

Thanks to all at NCTM for a great day. It looks better every year. Big Horn was worth the admission alone.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0312 seconds