Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Finally caught in the act!

Date: 05/06/03 19:05
Finally caught in the act!
Author: [null]

Finally caught this sucker today. The local that works from Stanley/Walbridge down the Toledo Sub has been going past Owens with this guy while I either don\'t have a camera, or am in class. Also, the local today had GP39 4297/slug 1046 -- for a few days it had a pair of GPs operating long-hood forward, coupled short-hood to short-hood.

Date: 05/06/03 19:25
Re: Finally caught in the act!
Author: toledopatch

Actually, I think that\'s the "Rossford Rocket" -- the yard job based at the BIDS Terminal off Oakdale Avenue. I heard him getting permission to work Van Waters and Dixie Crystal this morning, and that GP39/slug set was what he reported to the DS as his power.

Date: 05/06/03 20:15
Author: [null]

toledopatch wrote:

> Actually, I think that\'s the "Rossford Rocket" -- the yard
> job based at the BIDS Terminal off Oakdale Avenue. I heard him
> getting permission to work Van Waters and Dixie Crystal this
> morning, and that GP39/slug set was what he reported to the DS
> as his power.

Hm. I admit to not knowing much about what goes on around Toledo -- I can\'t hear the trains from Port Clinton, only some of the dispatchers, and I don\'t want to start grabbing shots of stuff only to have to explain to Toledo PD what I\'m doing... or do the cops and stuff really not care?

Date: 05/06/03 20:19
Author: toledopatch

Generally, the Toledo PD has too much else to worry about to hassle railfans. At Owens, you\'re not within the city limits, anyway. My only recent hassle with police was on the Alexis Road overpass, and there the Washington Township cop took exception to my parking habits, not my photographic interest. Just don\'t wander onto railroad property near any of the yards, and you\'ll be OK around here.

Date: 05/06/03 22:04
Author: csxt4617

And interestingly, the car is marked "HBO", which
means it\'s heavy-bad-ordered.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.124 seconds